. . . but they have no interest in real combat, when the great masters struggle against that something, that something that terrifies us all, that something that cows us and spurs us on, amid blood and mortal wounds and stench.


08 February 2010

Humor



__________ and __________, about a year ago, RMM posted this comment in The New Yorker discussion:

I laughed too. In fact, I laughed throughout the novel. It's telling that the Bolanistos never mention his sense of humor. Not dark enough...

I must say that I did not laugh throughout the novel. I think RMM overstates his case there. However, there are certainly humorous parts. The passage to which they were referring does not occur until Part V, however.

I mentioned my own favorite above, which concerns Rosita the philosopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment