. . . but they have no interest in real combat, when the great masters struggle against that something, that something that terrifies us all, that something that cows us and spurs us on, amid blood and mortal wounds and stench.


08 February 2010

The Stranger by Albert Camus



Speaking of The Stranger, __________, there is something about the passages concerning Oscar Fate's mother's death and funeral that reminded me of Meursault's mother's death at the beginning of that novel. Perhaps you can help me put my finger on that.

One thing is for sure, __________. The passages concerning Fate's mother's death and funeral are written in a "flat" way, very similar to Camus's style in that book. (I need to think of a better word than "flat," but right now I cannot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment